Construction Management || Project Management
Owner: City of Richmond
Architect: POGO Park
Construction Value: $5,400,000
Project Size: 1.5 acres
New park and 3,330 SF community center.
The Park features the following recreational elements:
– Three Picnic/BBQ areas that include a picnic bench/table, a barbecue set-up and counter with sink.
– Multi-activity “Funzone” area that includes a Sand and Water-play area, an arrangement of ground trampolines, tetherball, 10’ diameter spinning play element, two disc swings, and an iconic Climbing Structure.
– An enclosed Tot Lot that includes soft hills, tunnel, play kitchen, cave, standing/walking bar and a series of tactile medallions and sculptures of animals and plants with ample seating for parents and other caretakers.
– Two Zip Lines including one ADA accessible zip line and one that starts from a Volcano-like hill.
– An existing bicycle/pedestrian path connecting the bike trail between Harbour and 8th Streets that include a bicycle bridge over a proposed bio-swale.
The one-story community center includes a Multi-purpose Room, Office, Break Room, Men’s and Women’s Toilet Rooms, Mechanical/Support Room(s) and covered exterior porch.
Go back: Outdoor Recreation